Few foods combinations elicit more joy than a plate of chicken and waffles. Just saying it makes people happy. Go ahead, try saying it without smiling. I dare you. There’s plenty of places in Cleveland to get your eat on, but here, only the top five places will do.
(Special thanks to Darrick Tahir for appetizing research)
5) Deagan’s; 14810 Detroit Ave, Lakewood – A great place to meet friends and blind dates alike for drinks and conversations. Deagan’s kitchen is no slouch either, as evidenced by their banging plates.
4) Soho; 1889 West 25th, Cleveland– Specializing in, but not limited to, Southern cuisine, Soho has a bevy of signature drinks in a cozy locale and a plate of C&W that can cause you to lose track of space and time.
3) Stonetown Southern Fusion; 627 Prospect Avenue E, Cleveland- Trading the cluttered bar scene we’re all used to for the wide open spaces of the Great South, Stonetown offers a plethora of soul food at a reasonable price and room to stretch your arms wide after coming down with food-induced coma. And yes, those are red velvet waffles…
2) XYZ Tavern; 6419 Detroit Ave, Cleveland- While XYZ may boast over a 100 whiskeys to chose from their real claim to fame should come from their C&W, served as clever appetizers.
1) The South Side; 2207 West 11th, Cleveland- Enjoy a drink out on their large outdoor patio to take in the early spring but be sure to have the wait staff follow you out with their signature plate of C&W.